Skip to Main Content
Initiate the Project
1. Define scope
2. Define requirements
3. Identify high-level roles
4. Develop high-level milestones/timeline
5. Develop high-level budget
6. Identify high-level control strategies
Quality management strategy
Issue Management Strategy
Change Management Strategy
Risk Management Strategy
7. Finalize Project Charter & gain approvals
A Project Charter (finalized & approved)
Delivers a Project Charter.
Defines the preliminary project cost, scope, roles, timeline and quality.
Formalizes the existence of the project.
Approves the project to advance to the Plan Stage.
<< Return to top
Updated May 1, 2006 - v1.0.2
© 2007 Board of Regents of the
University of Wisconsin System
Feedback, questions or accessibility issues